Albon: Williams ‘scored points whenever we had the chance to in 2022’

In summary, Alexander Albon feels his Williams team scored every time they got the chance in 2022.

Alex Albon in a file photo. (Twitter: @alex_albon)
By Mahaksh Chauhan | Nov 28, 2022 | 2 Min Read follow icon Follow Us

Alexander Albon believes his Williams team scored points whenever they had the chance in 2022. Williams finished tenth and last in the constructors’ championship this season, scoring only eight points. Despite scoring top ten finishes in just five of the year’s 22 grands prix – including Nyck de Vries scoring an eighth place in Monza when Albon was medically unable to race – Albon believes his team still capitalised on the few opportunities they had in the season. “I think the most important one was staying healthy for Monza,” Albon said. “That would have been my main points chance.” “Aside from that, I’m not sure.” I truly believe that we have scored points when we have had the opportunity. Unfortunately, that’s where we’re at this time of year. It’s been a year where everything has gone wonderfully for us, with a little luck thrown in for good measure, and that brings us to the points. “We don’t want that to happen next year; we need to work hard, we need to really nail the balancing issues that we’ve had this year, and if we can get on top of that, I feel like as a team we always seem to be on top of things.”

Rread More- Due to porpoising, Mercedes is ‘many months’ behind Red Bull and Ferrari

Schumacher Pole in Brazil

Mick Schumacher’s future with Haas would not have been saved, according to team principal Guenther Steiner, if he had taken pole in Interlagos instead of his teammate. Kevin Magnussen startled the grid by taking pole position in rainy Friday qualifying for the Brazilian Grand Prix. Schumacher qualified 20th and was replaced by Nico Hulkenberg at the end of the season. According to Steiner, Schumacher would not have been retained even if he had won the race in Brazil. “Nothing would have changed,” said Steiner. “Because you can’t base this decision on one race or one qualifying result.” That would be incorrect. It may go either way.”