Advertisement

Valorant Crowned As The Best Esports Game At The Game Awards 2022

Valorant Champions 2022 broke records with 1.5 million viewers for the Grand Finals, and Riot Games' tactical FPS has now been awarded eSports Game of the Year

Valorant new swiftplay game
By Shubham Dalal | Dec 10, 2022 | 2 Min Read follow icon Follow Us

Advertisement

Valorant Champions 2022 broke records with 1.5 million viewers for the Grand Finals, and Riot Games’ tactical FPS has now been awarded eSports Game of the Year, beating its flagship MOBA title League of Legends.Cloud9 star Jacob “yay” Whitaker was also named Esports PC Player of the Year, beating out superstars and legends from League of Legends and CS:GO.First released in June 2020, Valorant quickly gained popularity as a rival to CS:GO in the 5v5 tactical shooter genre.If you need more information about Valorant Crowned As The Best Esports Game At The Game Awards 2022 then read carefully and share with your friends.

Valorant Crowned As The Best Esports Game At The Game Awards 2022 :

In just two short years, its growing eSports scene has grown by leaps and bounds, featuring three international LAN events in Reykjavík, Copenhagen and Istanbul.Next year, the game is set to follow in the footsteps of League of Legends, switching to a league system with three international leagues and a total of 30 participating teams.It continues to build an impressive depth of talent, attracting some of the biggest names from other esports titles, Overwatch superstars like Ha “SyaPlayer” Jung-woo and Lee “Carp” Jae-hyeok now to T1. is playing, which is one of the participating teams. in the Pacific League.

Also read MW2 And Warzone 2 Season 1 Reloaded Update Adds Shipment, New DMZ Location, And CoD’s First Raid

Riot’s decade-long experience with LoL Esports has clearly served it well in Valorant. The game is set to introduce a thriving Challengers Ascension League next year, in addition to growing its game changers scene for women and other marginalized genders.In addition to League of Legends, Valorant beat out more established titles like CS:GO, Dota 2, and Rocket League.2023 will usher in a new era for Riot’s shooter with the transition to league play. The season will kick off with its biggest ever international LAN in São Paulo, Brazil, featuring all 30 franchise organizations.

Esports charts show that Valorant Champions 2022 achieved over one million peak views and over five hundred million average viewers. Held from late August to September 19, the tournament has a prize pool of US$1 million. The annual awards ceremony, The Game Awards, is hosted by Geoff Keighley, which lists the best releases and achievements in the gaming industry. To decide the winners, a combined voting system is used at the awards ceremony.The award ceremony used a combined voting system where 90 percent of the votes are cast by the selected jury and the remaining 10 percent come from the public.

Get the latest article about esports from Sportslumo.com by following us on InstagramTwitter, and YouTube



Advertisement