Max Verstappen will continue to compete in race number 1 in Formula One in 2023

As long as he is the reigning world champion, which will include the 2023 season, Max Verstappen says he will continue to race with the number one.

Max Verstappen; Credit: Twitter/@Max33Verstappen
By Mahaksh Chauhan | Nov 24, 2022 | 2 Min Read follow icon Follow Us

After winning the world championship in Abu Dhabi the previous year, Verstappen first claimed the #1 position, using it for the 2022 global competition. The Dutchman, who has won back-to-back world championships, has the option of selecting #1 or his personal racing number 33, which he has worn since his karting days, but he has chosen to uphold the tradition of wearing the world champion’s number. “Yes, I’ll utilise number 1 once more next year. I believe that for any racing driver, beginning at one is the most beautiful number there is “Speaking in Abu Dhabi, Verstappen. How frequently do you have the opportunity to start your Formula 1 career with the number 1 position? You can’t be sure. If I don’t win the world championship, I can always drop back to number 33. But I’ll keep using number 1 as long as I’m the world champion.

Read More – Ricciardo rejoins Red Bull as the third driver for F1 2023

Positive Mindset

Since Sebastian Vettel in 2014, when the rule introducing personal race numbers was introduced, Verstappen became the first driver to compete in a race with the number one on his car in 2022. While Nico Rosberg chose not to defend his 2016 world championship, Lewis Hamilton decided to keep the now-iconic #44. The prestigious #1 is Verstappen’s reward after a completely dominant 2022 season with Red Bull Racing, which he believes will be difficult to duplicate in 2023. He admitted, “This has been a very unique season, not just for me but also for the team.”

For the first time since 2013, we have once again won the constructors’ title, which is obviously very significant for the entire team. “I believe it will be very challenging to equal or perhaps top this year in the future. “Obviously, the goal should be to improve season after season, but considering the year we had, it won’t be simple. Additionally, we ought to be grateful for how 2022 turned out and savour these occasions.